Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Neighborhood walk

Ardgroom has Mussel farming as one of its industries and apparently they do it very well, excellent reputation. The farms are out in the bay of the Kenmare river just down the hill from us so I wandered down there this morning to investigate.
Nothing happening in the mussel industry that is visible but plenty of area to wander. A Great Egret buzzed me twice and the Hoodies were quite raucous as I meandered by. Lot of rock, wind and seaweed. Love it.
When I walk with no particular focus I photograph what catches my eye. Flowers, patterns on rocks, fallen leaves, hay stacks, etc...  So here goes..

Crocosmia in the fields..


Katties Cottage - we stayed here 12 years ago with friends.


Holly berries ready for Christmas decorations.


Leading lines are always fun..



I labeled this the boys and girls hay bales....


Love the sign..


Mussel farm


Great Egret..


Seaweed and oak leaf


Looking across the Kenmare River from the breakwater.


Rock art by Mother Nature.





Looking back at the harbor from the breakwater. Our cottage can barely be seen in the V on the top right side.


Rocks and water stir many different emotions..




Moments of beauty on the walk home....




No comments: