Tuesday, September 25, 2018

A relaxing Monday..

We stayed at the cottage today while the kids toured the Ring of Kerry.  I needed a break from driving on the narrow roads in a cramped car, four of us all day in a small vehicle.
Sunny and beautiful, light changing every moment as the clouds scampered across the sky. I spent some time just sitting on top of the hill just above us, enjoying life and the cows and the birds and the hares! The robin and the pied wagtail came over to investigate me and did a bit of posing for photo ops!
We made a short trip to visit the Ardgroom stone circle, had a pint and Irish coffee at the Village Inn in town. Lucy, the springer spaniel in the pub, greeted us enthusiastically. We sat outside in the sun, warmer there than in the pub.
Here's photos from a quiet day..

A great start to the day..


"Peggy Dishwasher" posing


Irish robin - much smaller than our robin but sings so much more beautifully!


Fuchsia are everywhere. I think it must be the Irish flower!


Afternoon sun out the kitchen window



Our 'go to' pub for brew and pub food.


A series of photos of the Ardgroom stone circle. I couldn't decide which not to show so here they are!









If I don't move you won't see me!


Late afternoon light over the hills..


No comments: