Saturday, February 16, 2013

Walking the bluff

Sea Ranch is 10 miles long and about 1.5 miles wide. Much of the length you can walk the bluff and view the ocean from above, with occasional forays down to the beaches or rocks. While the rest of the group went to Mendocino and then on to wine country, I meandered out along the bluff walk and then back home through the trees. 3 hours later I was home and tired! But really enjoyed the moments along the way. Saw more bird life this time, and some great scenes on a beach.

This is how the morning started out.

Our complex on the coast!

A wonderful capture.


The ubiquitous turkey vulture checking me out to see if I am alive!

He surprised me in a wooded walk.

Spotted towhee kept me company for a while, chattering all the time!

I was about 10 feet from him when I realized he was there - he patiently watched me take photos, then lifted his feet up and down as a note that his patience was about to run out.

A view from the bluff.



No comments: