Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Memories

Photos are incredible saviours of memories! I will occasionally go back to some of the first photos I shot digitally and laugh at myself - but the memories they preserve are priceless.
Tonight I took a walk down memory lane to June of 2007. A group of us went salmon fishing outside of Vancouver, B.C. and the photos turned out to be much longer lasting than the fish we caught! I created a book of the trip, and still look at it and remember.  Up there, there was no cell phone service and only satellite internet service at the lodge, which was slow at best. We got along fine without the outside world for 6 days, up at 4:30, breakfast, fish, lunch, fish, dinner, fish, sleep! A wonderful rhythm of life.

Pacific white-sided dolphins were our company during most of the trip.




33 pounds of salmon


No comments: