Sunday, February 10, 2013

Refuge

Murph and I drove out to the refuge this afternoon, not sure whether we would be able to see anything or not. The sun came out at times, subdued by the clouds, but still warm and bright enough to provide hope!
Since there were a lot of folks chasing eagles, we decided to walk down a lesser used dike just to see what was there. Not too much, but it was a nice walk and on the way back I saw the tundra swans that I had not seen on the way down. I mean, white on white, how could I have missed them? They made no noise that I could hear and went on the alert as I walked to the edge of a hill to take a photo. But then they all went to sleep as long as I stayed on the road.

Sleeping

Alert!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Have been in Houston. Heading home this evening. Hope the weather has cleared.