Sunday, September 2, 2012

Light and dark

We were finishing up dinner the other night and the moon was behind the large Russian Olive tree in our backyard.  Diana kept pestering me to take a photo, so I did! This was taken with the 105mm lens at an f/stop of 3.2 and a shutter speed of 1/6 of a sec.  Shouldn't have been handholding it! (I leaned on a chair for support).

What I took away from this is the ability to create the blurs on the leaves along with the sharp parts. The wind was blowing lightly and the moving parts blurred and the non-moving ones didn't. I have tried to capture grass blurs in the daylight with minimal success. I think I will try an ND filter during daylight and a similar shutter speed to see if I can capture both the moving and non-moving grasses.
You will need to click on the image to see this detail.

Anyway - play around, try new things.


No comments: