Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hand of a Master

A few weeks back I had the chance to photograph violin maker Peter Prier and his shop. Forms and shapes abounded and the light on the various woods was heavenly. Lots of repetition of forms and shapes and I had a lot of fun with all of it.
Looking back, the one photo that sums up my feelings and experiences of the entire time there is this one. Simple yet elegant, there are multiple story lines here. The hand, the violin, the background, etc., all have something to say.
Enjoy.


1 comment:

Ol'-Hippie said...

The picture of the hand and the violin keeps coming back to me as if a memory long forgotten is trying to come forth. waht I am present to is the had of the Maker giving forth the fruits of his labors to a world hungring for it.

What a talent to capture such a deep meaning and sharing it with the world.