Friday, January 7, 2011

More Moments of Beauty

Today we traveled to Volcano National Park, wandered through art galleries and coffee shops, and had a low-key day with the weather being cloudy to socked in and raining. Sometimes the worst weather can assist in certain shots, so I tried a few and here's some that I liked. The goat and the rooster are just for fun - Ernest is the goat and he liked to play. Of course, his play involves jumping and butting - and I didn't bring my hard hat! But we had fun, just the same.

Another gecko to start out the day - I love the selective focus and leading lines!

Mr rooster paraded around at a coffee shop - along with a couple of very loving kitties!


Below is a scene from the top of the caldera of Kiluea volcano, looking back through the fog, rain and sulfur dioxide fumes from the volcano.





No comments: