Monday, January 3, 2011

Aloha!

We left 12 degree weather in Salt Lake on 1/2 and are now ensconced in Honomu, Hawaii, at 72 +- degrees!  Honolulu airport was the first introduction, where there are open air gardens and walkways between the various terminals!!!
There is so much beauty that is just so obviously in your face, plus all the more subtle beauty that sneaks up on you at times!  The air is like a liquid massage, with all the fragrances to enjoy along with it.  The light quality changes constantly as the clouds and sun play tag in the sky above.  You can tell that I like it here.
Here's a few photos that I picked out of the many that I took.  Some show a classic view and others are just my view of beauty.  Enjoy!

 Above - the view from Rick and Carey's back porch!
Below - a banana flower!
 Butterflies enjoying the sun and nectar.


Torch ginger - it's beauty just astounds me!

Mist and flowers in the afternoon road to the beach.


Pretty classic view - many of these just off the circle highway.


 Below - cattle egret highlighted by the early morning sun on their way to cattle, I guess!

No comments: