Thursday, January 6, 2011

Moments of Beauty

This post is about moments of beauty - a few that I captured out of so many over the last couple of days. The various colors against the greenery as shown above, startle you into wakefulness and admiration.  Patterns in the foliage draw your eye as the breeze gently caresses the fronds.


We toured a botanical garden this afternoon with so many gorgeous plants that I became confused!!  But I still enjoyed it.

A black-crowned night heron joined us in the garden - his/her gift was to fly past us and land in full view and do various things to allow us to take photos!  Here's a shot through the greenery of the guest.
Just as we walk down the steps of our cottage, there is this beauty that causes us to pause for a moment, each time we go out or in.

Then a couple of arrangements that caught my eye:


And finally, at R&C's, a bullfrog posed for me!  He was the only one that did not jump away immediately; so I walked slowly towards him, stopping every couple of steps and taking photos, then move and snap again.  I wound up throwing away a bunch of images to get this one, but until I can predict with accuracy when a frog will leap, I take more than I need to get one!

1 comment:

Snap-Smith Photography said...

Yes!! Beautiful!!
One note........I don't think you escaped detection from that heron......8-))