Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Musings

When I began taking photography a bit more seriously about 3 years ago, I was asked why I was taking pictures.  After some introspection, I responded " I want to capture the moments of beauty in our lives that we walk by".  Further, my belief is that as people become exposed to the 'common' beauty around each of us, we slowly become attuned to the natural world and (ideally) more willing to preserve what brings that beauty forth. 


Over the last 3+ years this desire has intensified within me and I continue to seek ways to capture and present these moments.  As I have been reviewing pictures from our cruise I've also seen many of my prior pictures and am renewed in my search for ways to present these.  And, when you look around, others are taking so many beautiful pictures also, and contributing to the collection of beautiful moments around the world.
Here are a couple of moment's of beauty that I found, one from our cruise, one from the backyard yesterday and one from the trip to the refuge today.  I hope you enjoy!
Gerry