Saturday, October 17, 2009

Black River, Jamaica again


Looking through the pictures again, it is much easier to throw away ones now.  I try to see what speaks to me and keep those, good-bye to the rest.  Some that are good documentation I keep just to provide a continuum of the trip.

The Black River landing had several interesting shots - from the sign to the people.  The hats/caps kept showing up around this trip.





This Guiness ad was a bit disturbing for me - I like Guiness but getting greatness from drinking it?  A bit over the top, I think.



Further along, this soul was mending his net.  He gladly permitted pictures, and would occasionally point out what he was doing and why.


The gecko seemed fearless - stared at us until we got way too close, then ran up the tree.
A house for sale caught our interest - with Blue Mountain coffee fields in the distance.  A real fixer-upper that had seen some better days.

As our Zodiac motored back to the ship, this gentleman enthusiastically responded to my wave and I had to try to capture him.  What a smile!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post. Black River is one of the longest rivers in St Elizabeth. St Elizabeth is a paradise of nature lovers.In a black river various kinds of fish like snook, mullet, mangrove snapper. Saltwater crocodiles are among the largest predators. Black River Safari is a major attraction for tourist. Other attractions are Lovers’ Leap, Fonthill Wildlife Sanctuary, Bamboo Avenue. Accommodation facilities are available. For more details refer St elizabeth jamaica