Friday, January 4, 2013

1000+ images in 3 hours!!

Yesterday afternoon was a wild day at the Farmington Bay Wildlife Refuge.  There were easily 30 to 40 Harriers flying everywhere and most had no fear of a human. I stood by a pole and was shooting birds in front of me, above me and then behind me as they cruised around. WOW - what a day!

It started with a Rough-legged Hawk on the Kestrel house, then a kestrel that waited while I took his portrait, on to a young horned owl in a tree that sat and watched me, harriers, then a barn owl and finally a Great Blue Heron (GBH). The variety was inspiring as was the sunset - although much of the drama of the sunset was due to the smog in the valley - beautiful nonetheless.  Photos of that later.

First - today is bird day!!


Wow - look at those eyes!


Little birds are beautiful too!

Lots of female pheasants out.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great shots GTJ! love the powdery snow, harrier, owl, pheasant, Murphy's tail,and explanation of Murphy crossing the coyote trail!