Monday, December 6, 2010

Next Steps

As with most folks that work in a creative media, I've been thinking about the next steps for my work for a while. This ties into my 'vision', which is slowly emerging as I experiment and get feedback on my work.
For example, I think how many times can I take a picture of a Northern Harrier hawk? I get bored with bird pictures at times. Then I get an idea and see it through and I am excited all over again. Below is an example - because when I am focusing on the bird with my camera, I see nothing else.  However, to have some context the photo has to include other items - the questions then begin to assemble: how much, what form, sharp or fuzzy or dark or light and on and on.
Much of what I do is experimentation, as I am learning about my tools.  Plus, the same actions with a different photo yield different results, sometimes dramatically.

Enuff talk - here's what I saw!

 To carry the experimentation on a bit further, add a frame from OnOne Photoframe and see how that feels!



No comments: