Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hanging out in the refuges

Today was a great day and Murph and I spent it hanging out at Farmington Bay and the Bear River Wildlife Refuges. While a bit of driving, we also did quite a bit of walking despite the wet conditions. Far too many pictures to put up in one post, so I picked a few that show the beauty as well as the "keep your eyes open 'cause you never know what is going to pop up!"
This meadow lark is normally not around during the winter - but here he was singing his heart out!  Look at the beautiful 'braid-like' feathers on his upper back~ 



 Above, Murphy and I return back from a jaunt down a byway!  Those are the Wasatch mountains just behind Ogden.
Below is one of the several GBH that I saw - they are so beautiful it is hard to choose between them.


Backlit grass with Murphy on his way somewhere in the background.

Beauty is where you find it - lines, shapes and colors are everywhere.

This little guy is not easy to capture with any degree of clarity - but this one hung out till I got it.

Here's another pay attention to your surroundings picture!  Murph and I were walking down a path where I could see deer prints; I had turned around to start back when I hear a faint, familar noise; turned back and there is the buck quietly trying to disappear in the grasses!  Nice rack on him!

1 comment:

Snap-Smith Photography said...

All beautiful. Such wonderful diversity, Gerry!! You are such a talented photographer and lover of life and it shows.