Friday, December 10, 2010

Back to the out of doors

I recently volunteered to be a monitor for The Nature Conservancy's Great Salt Lake Shoreline Preserve. Duties are to spend time there - one day a month in the winter and a couple of days a month in the summer; clean up, talk to people, record data and make repairs as possible or report items needing repair to the preserve manager.
Those of you that know me immediately realize that this is an ideal situation for me! To spend time out of doors, taking care of an area and sharing it with others is perfect! Plus I am alone a lot out there and can take pictures and experiment with photos etc.

It is vast country, filled with shapes, colors and patterns that are very hard to capture but so pleasing to the eye and the spirit.  Here's one.

1 comment:

Snap-Smith Photography said...

They're all so good..........but this last one has to be my favorite. The lines, textures and tones.......the wide open spaces. I love it!!