Thursday, December 12, 2013

Holiday season is coming!

This holiday season is a bit different for us - we are visiting a friend at her timeshare condo on Sanibel Island starting Saturday - returning next Thursday. After the smog and cold weather here, 80 degrees and warm water will feel ssooooooooooo good. Plus I will get to be at the Ding Darling Wildlife refuge a lot - sunrise and sunset and low tides to see what shows up! More wildlife photos coming up!
In the meantime, we don't have a Christmas tree and may not, although Diana is threatening to get a small one when we get back from Sanibel. Lisa, our daughter, is traveling to Maine for Christmas, so we will celebrate my 39th birthday on the 21st with her and her new husband, then she leaves on the 22nd. For me, Christmas is much about kids and their excitement; my reflections on what the day stands for are internal and quietly done, no fanfare required.
In the spirit of the season, we created an initial Christmas card - it was OK but not what we really wanted so we finally went with a French-based theme, using a wonderful photo of angels from the Church Val-De-Grace and a Joyeux Noel inside. I'll post that photo another day.
Here's the initial draft - the sky was clear that day, smoggy now.




1 comment:

Gail said...

Can I come with you? This smog is killing me!