Friday, December 20, 2013

Back to the snow

Wow, the flight back yesterday was tiring, way too many people talking and kids being kids. Then when we got to the SLC Airport, it was a slushy mess, traffic jam of planes waiting for de-icing and to get away from their gates..and the inside of the airport was worse, with baggage and people everywhere! We were lucky to get home!
I shoveled this morning, our house-sitter had done an excellent job of shoveling so I could just go to bed last night. The sun came out and melted a lot of ice, reminding me of earlier years in SLC when this happened regularly - heavy snow and then melt.
While I miss the beach, the refuge and birds, and the warmth I am glad to be home and be with our animals, especially Fuzzy and Murphy. Here's a little view of what things looked like today out in the backyard.

Collared Dove sits by the feeders - he can't fit on either of them so mostly picks up the remnants that the littler birds spill.



No comments: