Sunday, July 17, 2011

Torrey - late night early morning

I worked on capturing the moonrise last night and got a couple of wonderful shots.  I've got a lot to learn about this venue - as soon as I started I realized that, with an ISO of 200 my exposure length would preclude sharpness as the moon would be moving during the elapsed time.  Nevertheless, a great learning experience and I find I am being drawn more to the suggestive than the explicit.
Then I got up and worked on the sunrise/moonset. A whole different set of conditions, of course, and another set of lessons.
Here's the shots I liked from last night and this morning. The first two are the same shot, just cropped differently - 30 sec exposure.



The earth does not wait for you to finish your photo!  Love the blurriness that adds a bit of dreaminess.

Moonrise over the Manti-La Sal mountains - +2 EV to get the detail in the foreground and clouds.

Clouds and stars - the blueness is what the camera saw at this time of the morning.

Sunrise beginning, the Manti-La Sal mountains are the far peaks.

No comments: