Friday, July 8, 2011

Another first!

Zachary, my 25-year old godson, and I spent the last 45 days building an electric bass guitar!  Zach is a music major, had done extensive research on how to do this, had a contact that has done them before - BUT he had never used any of the woodworking tools before.
We set up a table in our garage (thanks Diana for leaving your car out in the elements), and away we went.  Between my tools and knowledge/experience, calls to Zach's contact, reading books, and asking questions at the local Woodcraft store - the bass was finished last Thursday and he played it at a gig on Friday! A great learning session, plus I got a few new tools along the way (:-)).  Here's a photo of the excited bass player with his new instrument.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! This is SO COOL!!! What a beautiful instrument! I would love to hear it first hand some day!

Ger I remember when you helped me with my solar house project. We drove around looking at different places, did research, then bought a bunch of tile and began construction on my model solar house! What a great experience!

You continue to make a difference in people's lives by giving of your time, talent, and wisdom. You are one of a kind my friend and uncle :)

Much Love!