Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sunsets from the Shoreline Preserve

I was out at The Nature Conservancy Shoreline Preserve, getting trained to be a preserve monitor, last evening.  After our discussion of the details, we walked out on the boardwalk to a tower and I had the chance to capture a couple of sunset shots over Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake.  Since I wanted to be able to see the grasses in front, I took 5 exposure bracketed shots, and worked with them in Nik EFX HDR tool (still on free trial!).
They look much more like I remember them, by using this technique.  It also takes a lot less fussing around to get the foreground details with the background highlights intact.


The Conservancy has this structure on the land, and I am constantly fascinated with it's lines and the play of sun and shadows on it.  Here's one take with the setting sun.

No comments: