Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On the Deck

I've recently seen a couple of books and several articles/blog posts about shooting close to home. As most of you know, much of what I shoot is in my backyard - or on my deck. The beauty that surrounds us is often missed in our daily rush and our focus on doing or accomplishing something.  But we really are human Be-ings, and just being there often opens our eyes to those moments of beauty that are present, even if fleeting.
Here's a couple of moments that struck me; Fuzzy the day we brought him home and he is laying in my hand, so trustingly, snoozing away: and then the sun on a potted plant on the deck. I hope you enjoy them also.

1 comment:

Snap-Smith Photography said...

Both beautiful in different ways.....as is your writing. You're a poet at heart, Gerry.