Friday, October 1, 2010

Moments of Beauty

Again, Moments of Beauty surrounded and made up my day.  And I never got in my truck to go anywhere, just wandered around the yard!!  So much to capture and I feel so inept at it most of the time.  Believing that practice can help, I take a lot of pictures, and throw a lot away.  So What!
Mostly I have fun, and am excited to see how the photos look on the big screen.  Here's a selection from today; the water lily is ever fascinating and there are so many ways to present them and to photograph them.  They feel mystical to me, as if there is some quality that I will never capture.
Then Fuzzy hanging out on his place (he stays up here and torments Brodie, the border collie).


I've rented the new Nikon 28-300mm lens to see how I like it - so far it is very nice.
The dove was taken at 300mm handheld and the dahlia was also taken at 300mm.  The bokeh in the dahlia picture is really incredible - the only thing I added to this picture was a slight bit of clarity!! It looks like the flower is blowing colored bubbles!!
Enjoy!

No comments: