Monday, September 27, 2010

Voice

The painter, photographer, artist...all struggle to find their voice, either consciously or unconsciously. I thought people were nuts when I first heard the question - "what is your voice?" - in relationship to my photography. For all I know, we are nuts!
But - walking down the dike out at the wildlife refuge today, I was surrounded by so much beauty that it was hard to bear at times.  The birds are only a part of the story as you'll see from the pictures. What I find that I am trying to express with my photography is the beauty that I experience - and there are such a multitude of opportunities that I'll get to practice for the rest of my life.
Here's some of the beauty that I saw today.

2 comments:

Snap-Smith Photography said...

Gerry, your 'voice' resonates with beauty! And your eye and voice are one.

jblack801 said...

The first and second shots have an awesome surrealness to them. I love it.