Sunday, July 12, 2009

What to do!



I love the digital photographic world but it has it's own set of challenges (actually many). Here are two pictures of the same flower - a wonderful day lily in our backyard. When I shot and developed film, I never felt I had the options that I have today in Lightroom (or whatever program you use). Perhaps it was my own ignorance about film, but it seems in the digital world, I can move sliders any which way and come up with something that may be cool but might have no relationship to what I saw (except for the underlying form).
So what to do!? This is where it gets personal. With so many options to choose from, the photographer looks at what did they see and how do they want it to appear to the viewing public. Along the way there may be questions to answer like "what is your voice?", "what did you see in this that moved you to take the picture", etc... While, if you are at all like me, you are still evolving, the response to these questions may be varied. Still, you press on.
Here I am, shouts the picture!

No comments: