Monday, June 3, 2019

Uinta Monday

Molly, Diana and I took a trip to the Uintas today, specifically to Mill Hollow, our favorite place. While I knew it was early for the mountains, I was still surprised at the amount of snow left.
I had to stop at Mill Hollow, 8400 feet, where in the past I could go another three or four miles at this time of year.
Plus the trees and plants were in the first stages of spring - no leaves on the aspen, and the alpine plants just poking up a couple of inches.
Nevermind, Molly loved it, especially the snow. She tried out the water also, but found it a bit cold to stay in long.
Pussywillows were out at the lower elevations, just a hint of them further up. Some photos of the trip..


Today the land is just emerging from winter.....


One year ago the same land was full of color and spring..






This very juvenile red-tailed hawk was captured in Kamas on the way to lunch at the Gateway Cafe.


No comments: