Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Touring Zion

There are very few tourists around the park - many of the business are either closed completely or closed and doing remodeling. Our day stayed pretty simple, breakfast at Oscar's (special was carrot cake pancakes), a 3+ hour drive through the park, lunch on our deck in the sunshine and a nap!
In the park we traveled very slow, stopped a lot, enjoyed being surrounded by the rock, the sound of water and the quiet. Deer and turkeys came along to say hi and the sun came out for a little while.

As a photographer visiting Zion National Park, I think about how can I tell my own story of my visit here in one of the most beautiful and photographed places in the country? Well, I shoot the beauty I see and later, in review, decide what to post. I did some snapshots, some postcards, and some real beauty captures. Some photos are just for history - we were  here.
The winter light, especially today with minimal sun, created some challenging conditions, but you go with what you have and work with it.
Enjoy!










1 comment:

Gail said...

nice. you can come home now, the smog is gone.