Sunday, January 26, 2014

Be Ready!

Several times over the last few days, a bird has been flying towards me - I've either stopped the truck or otherwise gotten prepared and it has paid off!  The earlier eagle shots were done that way as well as several raptors.
Today - the harrier came right at me, then swerved and dived and came up with a vole!  Off to eat! The GBH was going to fly away so I prepared for it and was fortunate to catch it's clumsy-looking landing. The harrier circled me and then landed - posing for me on top of the brush pile.  Be prepared, think ahead and have the camera ready to go - track the bird even if you don't shoot a lot of shots and you will often get a surprise.









Did I mention the coyotes were out today?  What a great surprise - we could hear them talking and then there they were!



No comments: