Saturday, January 11, 2014

Incoming!

Today's visit to the refuge was filled with 'incoming' - when the bird flies directly at you! You can get some great photos but one is not always ready for this!
The eagle started it out as we drove up to the top of Goose Egg Hill - I was watching this bird fly and realized he was coming right at me! I pulled over and grabbed the camera!
Later this gull decided to buzz me and he also looked serious!

In between we took a long walk down a dike, the hunters were out today so the herons and eagles had retreated to another place. But I found out what the white lump on the ice next to the 'geese' was - a hunter covered in white laying on a white mattress. I should have known that the Canuks had all left so these had to be decoys.

A few landscape shots, small bird and both male and female pheasants were captured along the way!
Enjoy!




Diana said she is glad to see the females 'cause the males get all the attention!


Looking East.



Can you see the hunter?



Looking west!



1 comment:

Gail said...

got some good bird shots, there. love the last one.