Friday, August 9, 2013

Hummers Galore!

Hummingbirds were everywhere yesterday, sword-fighting, playing, eating and just generally zooming around. Three and four at one time doing battle - not sure how they keep track of who is who!

I sat about 6 feet away from the feeder and rather than try to capture the birds themselves individually, I used an f/stop of 10 and focussed on the feeder post. That process gave me a number of in-focus shots without the frustration of trying to focus on the birds themselves.  With the color of the Rufous Hummers against the leafy background, I lose focus on the birds quickly.

So here's a selection - I see the red on some and the gold on others and am not sure if the same bird is displaying both gold and red or if it is two different birds.







No comments: