Saturday, August 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Sharon!

My sister Sharon celebrates her birthday today - a good day!

The refuge was calling me this morning so I drove out before any coffee and had a wonderful time. Sometimes you know you have to do something but you are not sure why - I'm still not sure exactly why but the beauty I experienced was worth every second spent.

I arrived just as the sun was kissing the first clouds and enjoyed the birds and clouds and changes in light that played out in front of me. One thing to remember out there - keep turning around to see what is behind you.  Besides the cloud formations a sneaky pelican was just about on top of me when I turned around.
Here's a few of what I liked the best - the colors on the first few clouds were really there.










1 comment:

Gail said...

wonderful colors in the clouds, great bird formation, and that one looks like a volcano! Great morning, Gerry. Too bad Murphy couldn't go with you.