Monday, February 13, 2012

Back among the living!

I've been under the weather for the past few days, so today, when I woke up feeling human it felt like a miracle. Murphy had been sick during that time also, a stomach virus I think, and he is well again also.  So to celebrate we went out to the wildlife refuge for a few hours.
This past weekend was Eagle Day, when the DWR sets up and people come out to see Bald Eagles.  I hope they saw some, because there just are not a lot around.  When I see the stream filled with dead carp and neither the eagles nor the seagulls are eating them, and there are no eagles sitting around, there just aren't eagles this year!
What do I see instead?  Well, there is so much beauty that eagles soon become an afterthought. It is spring and for the male tri-color blackbirds, it is time to strut their stuff!  And they do - I sat and watched one display his colors and feathers and ruff of the neck - who knows what else was important!  Canadian geese are setting nests, kestrels are getting together - it is a great time of year!

Here's a few of the ones I liked from today!






No comments: