Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday mixture

A storm blew in today, classic spring weather here in the Intermountain west.  One minute sunny, the next snowing.  As I drove out by the Great Salt Lake, I saw the storm swallow up Antelope Island - creating a soft and fuzzy black and white photo, below.



Tonight I attended a Nikon wireless flash class and came away very inspired.  Knowing how to use technology (a little anyway) allows you to become more creative.  I've shied away from wireless flash in the past because I just didn't know anything about it.  Now I feel more comfortable and willing to look at shots a bit differently.  Here's an example of one that we shot in class.  This was done in a very well-lit room - look at the dark background.  Lighting came from one off-camera flash on the right facing into a softbox to soften the light.  Did an excellent job of creating a moody, yet beautiful setting.



No comments: