Friday, March 25, 2011

Snowflakes in light

It's snowing here this morning, about 34 degrees and a little is sticking on the ground.  Funny, 'cause my lawn sprinkler repair guy is here getting the system in good shape and he's running around in the snow!!

Continuing my off camera flash experiments, I came up with 'Snowflakes in light" captured on the back porch.  I set the flash (bottom) on the deck and played with shutter speeds till I got what I wanted.  The specs are - 1/2000 sec at f/6.7, ISO 200, 82mm on my 18 to 200mm lens.  The flash is set on TTL and I pushed it to a +3.0 (max) to get full light.  Then in LR3,  upped the highlights, and lowered the shadows and darks to get a fairly black environment.  Interesting anyway.
For more on trying new things, click on the John Paul Caponigro link on the right.

No comments: