Monday, May 31, 2010

Wedding Weekend

I took pictures at two weddings this weekend, one Friday and one Saturday. Both were very beautiful and it is so wonderful to see two people so much in love at each wedding!  What a gift.
I took over 1000 pictures at each one - between the ceremony, posed shots, candid shots and group shots of all those there that wanted to be part of the memories.  Still working through those pictures, but pulled a couple out for the blog from Matt and Jen's wedding (Friday wedding).
Matt is from Mississippi and Jen lives across the street from us. She asked if I would shoot her wedding as she loved the candid shots that I had done around the neighborhood. I, on the other hand, was a bit nervous since if I miss a candid shot no one but me knows!  If I miss a big shot at wedding everyone knows and it cannot be repeated.  Nevertheless - on we went.
I read a lot of articles on taking wedding pictures prior and thought about what equipment was going to be needed.  At these weddings, I shot everything with my 18-200mm lens on the D-300 and a flash with a diffuser on it. The Nikon SB-600 flash let me adjust +-1 on flash intensity and that really helped, especially in closeups and longer distances.  Both weddings were indoors and shooting with backdrop light really needs a filler.
Anyway I learned a lot and had a very good time.  Although weddings can make a lot of money, I think I will only do them for family and friends...and especially only for those that provide libations after!!
Enjoy!

No comments: