Sunday, May 23, 2010

Not so Delicate!

We hiked to Delicate Arch last night!  It's been about 5 years since I was last here and I found myself very exhilarated to be back in/on the slickrock.  Walked around Delicate Arch and got some 'postcard' shots as well as some other neat shots.  Here's a couple.
Grandfather Raven, above, soared around the neighborhood with no fear! Very cool!!

This morning we went to Devils Garden at the end of the road and hiked in - I think there are 7 arches along the way.  I made a few but really enjoyed getting up close and friendly with other things than arches.  Here's a few from the hike:
First Landscape Arch:



Kind of a dreamy atmosphere above, but it reflected how I envisioned it. 
Animal tracks and sand to the left, always a treat to see.






The lighting and features in this area are incredible; we were there by 5:30 am and caught wonderful light.
This is a serendipity picture - I turned and saw this and took a picture - one of those times when everything works out.!!

No comments: