Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ansel Adams

When I think of Ansel Adams I think of the wonderful, incredible pictures he took. I also remember reading about the work he did in the darkroom so that the picture that was printed looked like what he had envisioned when he took the shot.
Now, as I've moved along with my photography, I'm starting to work with my own 'envisioning' and beginning to get a sense of what this is. Today I came across a quote by Ansel that struck me directly:

"Simply look with perceptive eyes at the world about you, and trust to your own reactions and convictions. Ask yourself: "Does this subject move me to feel, think and dream? Can I visualize a print - my own personal statement of what I feel and want to convey - from the subject before me?" - Ansel Adams

That is my challenge and I love it and the discovery that it provides.

No comments: