Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Refuge Monday

 Monday morning had a bit of sunshine so visited the refuge for a bit. Not a lot of activity, but enough to make me feel at home! Shot a number of out of focus shots on Harriers as they maneuvered around me. Just practicing my panning skills, I say.

The pheasant was a real surprise and prize.. it snuck out of tall grasses just below Goose Egg hill and wandered slowly along the path above the waterway. I do not remember ever seeing the quantity and quality of colors in a pheasant before. Absolutely stunning.

The Kestrel I had to follow around. I kept missing opportunities on drive by's so had to turn around and try again. Nothing fantastic but fun.

The big Red-tailed Hawk was not far off the road on the top of a dead branch. It posed quite nicely.

Enjoy..



Greater Yellowlegs I believe, several of them working a shallow pond.


A cacophony of color..


Red-tailed Hawk - love when they stare at me this way. They look cross-eyed.





No comments: