Thursday, November 9, 2017

Refuge Thursday

Molly went to daycare today, I was hoping that she would get worn out as the walks in the refuge did not wear her out enough. But apparently not enough play so tonight she is still energetic.
Young and older Red-tailed Hawks were quite prominent today as were Northern Harriers. I have so many good photos of Harriers that I forgo taking a photo unless I can get something pretty dramatic. Not so with Red-tailed hawks. I usually get much closer to them than the Harriers so can often capture some good poses.
Kestrels were out today also, and a couple posed for me, briefly. The GBH's were out in force but only in one place - their quiet place during the hunting season. Mother Nature painted another beauty and a few miscellaneous photos came along for the ride.
Enjoy!

The Great Blues!


Mother Nature painting.


American Kestrel


Lesser Goldfinch feeding on dried seeds.


Dried beauty


The next two are the same hawk just looking different directions and processed differently.



No comments: