Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

During a short drive yesterday out by the smelter Murph and I came across a red tail sitting on the power pole. Usually when I see them like this, I wave and go on; because when I stop they fly away. This time I stopped and took my time getting the door open and, sure enough, he/she flew away. Fortunately the flyby was right across my field of view so I got a couple of shots that I like.

Often I have found red tails to be curious - they have come from a distance away to check me out on hikes, only to go back to where they were circling earlier.
A challenge with these photos is that there is only one subject and no supporting character(s) - no clouds, no trees, no hills, etc. - without creating a composite photo like I did with the horse on the hill in an earlier post. On a quick search I could not find a background that I liked so here they are 'au natural' so to speak.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These shots are wonderful. The sky is there home and context; they need no window dressing. Keep shooting birds!