Friday, October 25, 2013

Murphy and the Hawk

Murph and I spent a few hours on top of Goose Egg Island (hill) at the refuge yesterday afternoon. I didn't feel like tramping around and wanted to see what I might see just sitting in one spot. Often I have seen harriers and owls fly by the hill so thought I might get a chance with a couple.
Not to be, tho'.
A Rough-legged hawk greeted us as we drove up the hill - probably the same one I have seen there many times. We parked and waited a while before we slowly walked back toward him to see if we could get within photo range - and we did.

Murphy looked elegant in the setting sunlight, watching the activity out on the marsh. Cloud formations formed by wind stuck around for quite a while and kept changing until I took a photo of one I liked!  A warmish breeze blew out of the SW and kept the mosquitos away.  Very nice!





No comments: