Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wondering

Waking up this morning, I felt that I had no further photos to take in Manzanita.  I'd taken my postcard photos and my art photos and I felt completely empty. A little later in the morning, I read a post by Scott Bourne - posing the question to photographers - "What if you concentrated on making only meaningful shots?" Lots to think about there.

We had dinner at a favorite place tonight, The Nehalem River Inn about 5 miles from Manzanita. Run by a young couple, the food was excellent, and the environment fit our needs wonderfully - overstuffed chairs, soft jazz playing, sun setting as we ate at our window table. Very well done.

Then a walk to the beach and I did find some inspiration there.  Looking for essences and finding flows and patterns and shapes and color. Meaningful to me, at any rate. Part of a desire of mine to be more aware of the patterns and flows in life.







No comments: