Sunday, August 28, 2011

Finally, the ocean

We left Baker City, Oregon and meandered up the freeway to Manzanita.  A vintage car rally sent us off from Baker City - I took shots of each car, but will only show the one that is closest to my heart - '57 Chevy!
The trip through the Gorge was enlivened by windmills - what a contrast to the softness of the grass and the flowingness of the hills. Mt Hood made a brief appearance through the haze. We managed to get lost in downtown Portland, but then found our way out.
Once in Manzanita, we took Murphy to the beach - if you wonder if he liked it just look at the photos of him!
Fog and low clouds made sure no sunset tonight; however, the cloud, light, water and sand dynamics were soft and inviting; I got a couple that I liked!
Nice to be cool again - I know we will sleep well tonight!










No comments: