Monday, January 25, 2010

Bird fun!


Murphy and I spent several hours at the refuge yesterday and saw a lot of birds. Most available were the kestrels and the red-tailed hawk sitting on top of a power pole.  Harriers were everywhere also, and I used them to learn about the panning capabilities of the 80-400mm lens that I bought a couple of months ago (not just the lens, of course, but the lens attached to me!).



One kestrel sat on a branch and preened himself - and made for a great picture.  The hawk I feature in the way it looks to me - a classic cold, hard stare.  While there is never a bad day at the refuge, this one was very good!




The landscape was filled with light and opportunities.  To the west, the sun highlighted the Stansbury mountains and to the east, the sun was trying to break through the clouds.  Both give unique views.


No comments: