Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ambling around Springdale

After visiting my sister Sharon this morning in St. George, Murph and I wandered around Springdale and took a few pics while Diana was alternately getting a massage and shopping at Worthington Gallery!  Then we took a nap!


Across the street from where we are staying, there was this old Ford van - dilapidated and rusted but very beautiful in its own way.  The rusted surface with all the colors in it is like a plethora of colors and textures waiting to be discovered.







The simplicity of design of these old vehicles stands, to me, in stark contrast to the auto's of today.  I'm not advocating going back, but just to enjoy and appreciate the beauty of the simple and functional designs.







Later on we found an early visitor - a ladybug!  Perhaps this one partied too much and got left behind!  It made my day to see this fragile but beautiful being.


Out back of where we are staying, there is a nature park area, and Murph and I have wandered through there enough times that we were able to do it in the complete darkness tonight.  But this afternoon, there was this lane - a classic picture replicated around the world.  And there was sun on the grasses in the late afternoon - not always an easy picture to capture and be able to represent the beauty that I saw.  Here's a try at it!


No comments: