Monday, May 18, 2009

Light and Dark


Moments of beauty constantly surround us and it is often very hard to stop and be present to them. Sunday morning, I was walking out the front door to go up and visit Mom, and I had my camera in my hand. Looking slightly to my right as I stepped off the front porch, the sun was streaming through the ferns and backlighting the dew-drops.

I'm working to frame my shots with more care; e.g., compose and frame as much as possible within the camera (something you really had to do with film). So this one is really pretty much as is, with some slight color/clarity adjustments. I've gotten spoiled with zoom lenses, and am starting to use the 'foot zoom' much more to get the framing/composition that I want. It is a really great challenge and learning experience.

No comments: