Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Forces


The Pixsylated blog (link on the right) has ongoing "Lessons I didn't learn in Photo School". Here's one from that blog that struck me. I hear so many folks say "I have so much to learn" and they often let that stop them from shooting. Here's Syl Arena's response:
55. No matter how much you know, you’ll never know it all. So don’t let not knowing hold you back.
Don’t let thoughts like “I have so much more to learn” or “I’m not ready yet” hold you back. The truth is that if you wait until you’re ready, you’ll never start. The digital evolution in photography has been a great leveler. No one understands every detail of Photoshop – not even the guys who invented it. No one understands every control option of the latest DSLR – not even the guys who sell them. Get used to the idea that you’ll have to ask others for help. Get used to the idea that you should offer help freely. When it comes to technology, every one of us is ignorant to some degree or anothery. Accept your weaknesses and keep shooting.

I did a book, had to learn InDesign to get it done. I'm going to do a shoot with an aspiring model - something I feel very inadequate about, but ... Push yourself outside your boundaries. Don't let the bird with the red head catch you snoozing!!

No comments: