Friday, January 22, 2021

Refuge Thursday

 A sunny morning beckoned me out to the refuge. Much quieter than Sunday, still a number of birders.  Hunting is over which reduces vehicle traffic.

The highlight of the visit was watching a young GBH walk up and down the road just ignoring people and vehicles. It was hunting in the grasses on the side of the road. At one time it was about 5 feet from me and my open window..wishing I had something to tempt it with to see if it would come closer.

Anyway..here's some of the shots from the trip..

Here's a Redwing Blackbird - but with colors on its back that I've never seen.  Perhaps mating colors? Will investigate.



Harriers were out in force again..


A (barely) mature Bald Eagle...


Black-crowned Night Herons...Adult in top photo, Juvenile below..



Here's the juvenile GBH..very cute and self-absorbed..





No comments: