Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Sedona Day 3

The ladies spent the day at Tlaquepaque center enjoying the shops and galleries and having a great lunch. I spent the morning at Red Rock State Park enjoying the birds and then the great landscapes along the way home.
Spotted Towhee, Black-crested titmouse, Gila woodpecker, Hairy woodpecker, Anna's Hummingbird, White-crowned sparrow, Lesser Goldfinch, Junco's, Scrub Jays, Cardinals - wow, wonder what I left out. There was one bird that I did not recognize so need to research what it it.
Partly cloudy and 60 degrees made for a beautiful backdrop to all that we did.  Here's my favorites from the day.

Ballon riders up for the sunrise...


Buttes on the way

White-crowned sparrow


Immature white-crowned sparrow


Spotted towhee


Female cardinal


Male Anna's hummingbird..


Junco


Lesser Goldfinches...



Hairy woodpecker


humming hummers


House finch and sparrow - chatting over lunch!


Gila woodpecker - very shy.



Scrub Jay



The larger bird is the one I don't recognize. Bigger than the sparrows yet not a dominant presence.




Cathedral rock with a beautiful stream in front - yes, I got my feet wet!


Incredible vistas everywhere.


No comments: