Saturday, September 12, 2015

Hanging out at Timpie Springs

I had a block of time today so spent 3 hours just sitting behind a bush at Timpie Springs WMA to see what I could see. The long lens was a godsend as was the new camera.
While not a lot of activity at this time of year, there were sightings of Osprey, Northern Harrier Hawks, Canada Geese, White Pelicans, American Avocets, Black-necked Stilts and a very curious Western Grebe. Not all got to be photographed for a variety of reasons! But without mosquitoes to hassle me and with a slight breeze the time spent was very enjoyable and comfortable.
Here's some of the views of the day:

Resplendent in black and white, the Avocet watched me quite carefully.


Until you sit still for a while you probably won't see these very small butterflies.


Classic Northern Harrier turn during the hunt.


Non-breeding Western Grebe followed me up and down the dike!


Fall in the west desert - salt grass is turning color.


No comments: